How do I give AppPool ID dbo access to database?

Aug 17, 2011 at 4:50 AM

Hi All,

I'm going through the install using the August 2009 documentation and I'm stuck on certain parts of the instructions as they have no step-by-step process.  I'm hoping someone can provide help us out.

At the Ratings and Comments Database, it says After the database is created, give the Application Pool identity dbo access to the database.

Also on Page 10: Ensure that the Application Pool identity have dbo access to the database RatingStore.

I know very little to almost nothing about SQL Server, so this part is beyond my knowledge.

Can someone please provide the steps involved for these two parts?

• Include the PKS Build: PKS August 2009 Beta
  • Include the Server OS & SQL Version:  Windows 2003 Server & SQL Server 2005
  • Check if an existing thread has already been started with the same or similar issue: Checked, nothing found.
  • After the issue is resolved it's helpful to share the final solution so the community befits from the learning

Thank you,

Ando

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:39 PM

I'm pretty sure I found the answer.

1: From MS SQL Server Management Studio, click Connect to connect to your OFFICESERVERS.

2: Click the + next to Databases, where it displays RatingStore, right-click on RatingStore database, select properties.

3: In the Select a Page area on the left-hand side, select Permissions

4: In the main area, click View Server Permissions From here, you can add a User Account and Grant Explicit Permissions to the RatingStore database.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Thanks,

Ando