Please Help! Can't delete Podcast Files column from PKS Podcasts List

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:27 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Hello PKS team,

After installing the August Release there are no errors or exceptions listed in ssm.log. I've completed the configuration steps as outlined in the installation doc.

HOWEVER, page 12 "Configuring the Podcast List" steps 1 through 6 I am not able to do; I cannot delete the Podcast Files column.

There is obviously a problem with the "Podcast Files" column in this list, which I assume is why these steps say to delete and recreate it. When I try to delete it according to the installation steps, I receive an error: "One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields."

I've tried starting over with a new SP application, collection, and fresh PKS install. Have the same problem.

In my research of the problem, I found others struggling with this issue as well. Some say they fixed it by deleting the PKS Podcasts list and recreating it. I tried this too, but then I noticed some of the default Columns are lost, such as Ratings Average, etc. More importantly, after recreating the list, clicking Uploads then returns a 404 error.

So it appears there is more to it than simply deleting and recreating the PKS Podcasts list. I suspect that is the reason the installation steps say to delete and recreate the one column, rather than delete and recreate the entire list.

I have not been able to find a solution to this error. Could someone please help me with this problem?