Setting podcast kit

May 26, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Hi everybody,

Sorry in advance for what I'm gonna ask. I'm not a programmer but need this PKS kit and I am having some difficulties with its installation.

I downloaded from the site these elements:

- PKS August 2009 Beta ~ Documentation

- PKS August 2009 Beta ~ Binaries

I am following the instructions published on Installation and Configuration Guide for PKS.docx. 
I've got:
- Sharepoint 3.0
- SQL Server 2005
- Express Encoder 3.0
- Silverlight the last version
- Silverlight 2 SDK
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
I didn't download the hotfix, coz never got the email, nor the Management Studio nor the update security.
I created a collection site from the administration panel turned into this weblink http://admin-a172ca8b5:11486.
Now I was trying to proceed with the real installation but when I type in the prompt the string "ssm.exe install PKFull.xml http://admin-a172ca8b5:11486" it gives me two errors:
- iscontentquerywebparts.cab or 80181ea8-f849-4699-b9a5-5813be86ef10
- iscontentquerywebparts.cab, saying that only one distribution operation is supported.
A colleague managed to retract solution and then delete it using "stsadm.exe -o retractsolution -immediate -allcontenturls -name iscontentquerywebparts.cab" but he failed coz I still see it in Central Administration -> Operations -> Solution Management, anyway this is confirmed by the log.
How can I manage to get these 2 problems solved? How can I retract and delete this elements again (maybe my colleague made some mistakes along the process)?
Thanks in advance for your response.
Max
May 28, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Hey... Why you are using stsadm? You can do the steps also with the GUI ;-)

Central Administration -> Operations -> Solution Management -> Select package -> 1. Retract Solution / 2. Remove Solution

May 28, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Tks for the answer. Unluckily when I select the package the next page doesn't show any other options, apart from the button for going back to solution management. It just gives information such as name, type and so on. Maybe I'm just blind and can't see it...