This project is read-only.

Silverlight Player not displaying on podcastdetails.aspx

Apr 26, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Please help! I was able to install the PKS Augusta 2009 release on my MOSS 2007/ Windows 2003 server. The podcasts upload, they generate a CSID, a thumbnail & duration as expected. There are no errors in the encoder log & shows that the Video file type supported . However, when I click on the podcast & it takes me to the podcastdetail.aspx page, the silverlight player does not display.

What am I missing? The instructions say that the podcastdetail.aspx needs to be configured but provide no steps for this. I need to solve this ASAP!

May 3, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Is only the Silverlight player missing or the sections like ratings, download link, send to a friend link etc. are also missing?

If you are seeing these sections then there seems to be a problem with the Silverlight on your machine.

Also is it happening for all podcasts or only for specific file types?

Although you have mentioned that the CSID is generated, but this kind of a problem is seen if it is not present. You can confirm this via following steps:

• Go to PKS Podcasts list.
  • Create a view having the ID, Title and CsId columns.
  • Now verify that the CsId for the podcasts having the problem is the same as that of a podcast for which you are able to view the details page.
  • If not, click on Action -> Edit in Datasheet, copy the correct value.
  • Browse your podcast detail page and it should work.

Hope this helps.

-Parag

May 3, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Hello,

Only the Silverlight player was missing, all other sections displayed. It was occurring with all podcast types.

As I needed a speedy solution, I uninstalled everything, rebooted the server & reinstalled. After that, the player appeared.

You may close this discussion.

Thanks,

Sharyn Graham
Infrastructure Management Sr Analyst
ACS, A Xerox Company

Office Phone: 218-998-1609
Cell Phone: 320-267-1489
IM: SGrahamR
sharyn.graham@acs-inc.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 6:13 AM
To: Graham, Sharyn
Subject: Re: Silverlight Player not displaying on podcastdetails.aspx [pks:210621]

Is only the Silverlight player missing or the sections like ratings, download link, send to a friend link etc. are also missing?

If you are seeing these sections then there seems to be a problem with the Silverlight on your machine.

Also is it happening for all podcasts or only for specific file types?

Although you have mentioned that the CSID is generated, but this kind of a problem is seen if it is not present. You can confirm this via following steps:

• Go to PKS Podcasts list.
  • Create a view having the ID, Title and CsId columns.
  • Now verify that the CsId for the podcasts having the problem is the same as that of a podcast for which you are able to view the details page.
  • If not, click on Action -> Edit in Datasheet, copy the correct value.
  • Browse your podcast detail page and it should work.

Hope this helps.

-Parag

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pks@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email pks@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com