This project is read-only.

Encoding Video's

Apr 21, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Hi there,

My PKS setup is running almost smoothly. Except the video encoding. I've uploaded both, a mp4 and a wmv movie, to the portal. They are visible on the site, but there is no thumbnail nor a duration. The encoding.log results as following:

[4/21/2010 2:36:32 PM] Error[LoadExternalStores]: No configuration values found
[4/21/2010 2:36:32 PM] Setting up file system monitor...
[4/21/2010 2:36:33 PM] Error[LoadExternalStores]: No configuration values found
[4/21/2010 2:53:08 PM] Error[fileSystemWatcher_Created]: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
StackTrace:
   at MediaEncoderService.PKSListItem..ctor(String path, MEConfig meConfig, Recode Recoder)
   at MediaEncoderService.MediaEncoderService.ActOnNewFile(String fullPath)
[4/21/2010 3:20:38 PM] GetListItem entered
[4/21/2010 3:20:40 PM] Error[GetListColumnNames]: Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.
StackTrace:
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at MediaEncoderService.Lists.Lists.GetList(String listName)
   at MediaEncoderService.ListWebService.GetListColumnNames(String listName)
[4/21/2010 3:20:41 PM] Error[fileSystemWatcher_Created]: Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.
StackTrace:
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at MediaEncoderService.Lists.Lists.GetListItems(String listName, String viewName, XmlNode query, XmlNode viewFields, String rowLimit, XmlNode queryOptions, String webID)
   at MediaEncoderService.ListWebService.GetListItem(String itemId, String listName)
   at MediaEncoderService.PKSListItem..ctor(String path, MEConfig meConfig, Recode Recoder)
[4/21/2010 3:24:42 PM] GetListItem entered
[4/21/2010 3:24:43 PM] Error[GetListColumnNames]: Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.
StackTrace:
   at MediaEncoderService.Lists.Lists.GetList(String listName)
   at MediaEncoderService.ListWebService.GetListColumnNames(String listName)
[4/21/2010 3:24:44 PM] Error[fileSystemWatcher_Created]: Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.
StackTrace:
   at MediaEncoderService.Lists.Lists.GetListItems(String listName, String viewName, XmlNode query, XmlNode viewFields, String rowLimit, XmlNode queryOptions, String webID)
   at MediaEncoderService.ListWebService.GetListItem(String itemId, String listName)

Can you guys help me?

Thnx in advance

May 3, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Hi Vizion,

You need to check if you have made the correct configuration settings by following the steps mentioned in the documentation.

Specifically you to verify the following:

1. Check if the site name is updated in "MediaEncoderService.exe.config" file located at "C:\Program Files\PKS\Media Encoder Service"

2. Check if values for "MediaEncoder.MonitorPath" and "MediaEncoder.MonitorWeb" are updated in "PKS Configuration Settings" list

3. Check if correct entry has been made in "PKS Media Encoder Monitor Locations" list.

Hope this helps.

-Parag

May 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I've solved my problem by adding a default entry to the auto encode list.

1. Go to: http://{SITEURL}/Lists/MediaEncoderAutoEncodeList/AllItems.aspx
  2. Add a new entry by clicking New;
  3. Enter the default values, mine where:
    Title TestAutoEncode
    Profile HardwareDeviceH264Small
    ListName PKS Podcasts
    FileNameFormat [Name]_h264.mp4
    Preset H264iPodClassicNano
  4. I'm not quite sure if it's needed, but do a iisreset (Windows-r, iisreset) to be sure. You should also restart the Media Encoder service!